Friday, September 2, 2011

Recent Wine Purchases

In my continuing effort to let you know what I am drinking and buying, here is a list of wines that I recently purchased:
Monsanto Chianti Classico Reserva 2007 $15 -- This is a favorite of mine and highly rated by the gurus. At this price it is a wine to buy. Tried this 07 a few nights ago and it is very good. More refined than most chiantis in a good way.
Bruno Giacosa Dolcetto 09 $18 -- Giacosa has a great reputation and his wines sell for a premium. As you can see after my Italy trip, I am beginning to buy all sorts of wines from Piemonte. Since Barolos and Barbarescos are so expensive I am concentrating on barberas and dolcettos.
Seghesio Barbera D' Alba 07 $13.50 - Another Piemonte wine that has gotten very good reviews.
Armando Parusso Dolcetto 09 $15 -- This wine received a fabulous WA review. Have not tried yet.
Borsao Blanco 10 $6.39 The white wine from my favorite bargain wine producer. Not tried yet.
Andezon La Grancha 09 $10  A very good producer from the Rhone in a great year. Not tried yet.
Coopers Creek Sauvignon Blanc 2009 $9 A New Zealand wine. I find most NZ sauvignon blancs to be similar. Fruity and easy to drink. I like them. This has gotten good review and is very well priced. Not tried yet.
Satellite Sauvignon Blanc 2010 $12 -- Another New Zealand sauvignon blanc, supposedly made by Spy Valley a vg NZ winery. Not tried yet
Achaval Ferrer Malbec 2010 $15 - One of the top producers in Argentina. Have not had this vintage. I am getting tired of Malbecs. Most lack structure. Will report back after we have opened it.

No comments:

Post a Comment