Friday, September 23, 2011

Wines of the week; some real corkers

Sometimes wines just don't click.
2004 Bodegas Y Vinedos El Chantre Ramos Paul
Bodegas Y Vinedos El Chantre visit the producerA Proprietary Blend Dry Red Table wine from
Ronda, Spain
This bottle was not good. Probably corked.  It was the only bottle I had so I can't try again. Tasted again the next day and poured it down the drain. The wine received an excellent review in the WA and was about $30. I bought it nostagically because it is made in Ronda, Spain a place we had visited years ago.
I had made duck breast so for the second bottle I opened a 2007 Beaulieu Rutherford cabernet sauvignon. $25. This should have been a very good wine. WA 90. After a glass it was getting tired and it wasn't enjoyable to drink. I have 2 more bottles of the Beaulieu. Oh well.
Edna Valley 2004 Syrah - A $16 wine that I got for $5.This was the second bottle of this wine we opened. Loved the first bottle but this bottle did not thrill us.
Allegrini Palazzo Della Torre 2005; $15 - Brought bottle to local pizza restaurant with excellent pizza and organic produce. The wine was excellent; lots of fruit and not high in alcohol. I like this wine alot.
Chateau Valrose , Cuvee Alienor 2004 , St Estephe $25  I had about 5 bottles of this wine. Opened this bottle because I was curious to see how it was aging. This bottle was very good. This wine has been very inconsistent from bottle to bottle. A blend of 50% merlot 25% cabernet sauvignon and 25% cabernet franc.
D'Arenberg Dry Dam Riesling 2007 $14 My wife loves this wine. This bottle showed a more intense flavor that I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment